Thursday, April 10, 2008
Blogging and Thankfulness
Goodness, it's been days and days since I've posted anything new. And lots of bloggable things are happenin' around here. I surely meant to blog on my birthday this week and didn't get a chance too...I was too busy looking in the mirror at the wrinkles that have appeared around my eyes. Why does it seem like they just suddenly jumped on my face? Don't know if you readers do this too but my birthday seems to be a good time for reflecting on where I've been and where I'm going. I've spent a lot of time this week doing just that. While running this morning, I crossed Buck St. and Oak Ave. - the location of my car accident last year -- it dawned on me right then that it had been exactly one year to the day-April 10 -and I remembered how blessed I felt that day after discovering I would be okay- I remember thanking God over and over for many things, one of which was His timing that my kids had not been with me. Gratefulness. Something like that sure does make you count your blessings and treat life a little differently. I spent the remainder of my run analyzying whether I'm as appreciative right now as I was that day. What is it... a thankful heart is a merry heart. Think about it- when you focus on being thankful, it's pretty hard to be bitter or angry. I challenge you to practice being more thankful this week. Maybe you'll find, like I have, that irritations and offenses don't seem to be quite so bothersome. Food for thought from a newly turned 32nd year old who is learning lessons like these every day. God is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment