Thursday, July 17, 2008

Barbie Gets a Haircut

Classic story. This is why I have a blog. Last week, I took Tristan to the barbershop for a haircut. Normally, one of the lady stylists in town cuts his hair but we couldn't get in with them between schedules and vacations, etc. So we had to go to the barbershop. Now, I think Tristan prefers that over the beauty salon because the barber always has an old Western movie playing. The real "shoot 'em- up" kind. But the haircut always needs a little something more if you know what I mean. It was too long in the front so yesterday I trimmed it up a bit with my handy-dandy kitchen shears. Aynsley and Rod were watching and based on the look in Aynsley's eye, I felt it appropriate to say "Now, Aynsley, only big people use scissors and only big people cut hair, do you understand? "Rod and I laughed and he commented that isn't it funny that we think we have to even say that. It should be a given, but yet with a 4 yr old, it's not. Didn't think a thing about it until last night. I sat eating dinner and glanced over at Barbie, who of course was dining with us and thought...Hmm, she looks odd. What is it about her? The horrifying thought flooded my mind....it's her hair! and it's been cut! Actually "hack job" would describe it better. Basically, she has a mullet. Poor Barbie. I looked at Aynsley and calmly asked "Ayns, did you cut Barbie's hair? Answer: Yes. Question: When? Answer: When you were on the phone. (Robyn, that would've been with you. ) Question: Did you cut anything else? I was gripped with fear that she had cut her own hair. Nope. Just Barbie. Question: Where did you do this? Answer: Your closet.
The Mullet:

The Evidence:

Moral to the story: Never cut your son's hair while older sister is watching and learning.

3 comments:

Heidi S said...

I love the picture of the evidence! I can just imagine her quietly getting all of her equipment together and slipping into the closet to do her work.

Spencer Girl said...

Oh my goodness. . .laughing out loud tonight at the blogging.

Robyn said...

TOO FUNNY! Ethan did the SAME thing with his sister's rocking horse. I was on the phone too. He actually came and told me he was giving the horse a haircut and said, "okay"....thinking he was totally pretending. Well, I saw the trail...then the horse...Let's just say that Barbie and Horse could travel back to the 80's together with their mullets. From Mane to Mullet in less than 5 minutes!