Many of you know that last weekend, Rod headed off to Alaska on a fishing trip of a lifetime. He was gone for one week (pretty much seemed like one month to Aynsley, Tristan, and Momma) and he returned last night with endless stories. It may take him a week to tell us all about it and explain all the pictures they took. (The little bit I've seen is fabulous photography!!) They had a fantastic time but I think they are all wore out. Rod brought home 200 pounds of halibut, silver salmon, and ling cod. To quote Rod, it was a "big boy fishing trip". In our family, that means it was not for the light-hearted fisherman. It took us a while last night to clean out a freezer to accomodate all the fish...and guess what's for dinner tonight? :-) Yum!
Meanwhile, back in sunny Florida, the kids and I took off on our own adventure, and boy was it! We had a ball and I have just finished uploading the 115 photos I took in 4 days. Whew!
So, it'll take me a while to get things into a bloggable format but just wanted to share that everyone is home safe & sound and we are all exhausted! Daddy especially - I think the "jet-lag" is just starting to hit. And that's not to mention the muscle fatigue he is experiencing from hiking 7 hours (in the snow!) up a glacier! It may be a tough Monday for him.
Lots of good stuff to come!
Stay tuned to hear about black bears, whale watching, and octopus slides......
No comments:
Post a Comment