Monday, July 7, 2008

In the News



If you are in the news, you probably heard the big announcement last week that the Starbucks company is planning to close 600 of its stores over the next year. That is alarming for someone like me who believes their coffee to be "it". Know that my preference is born out of the trial of many many coffees and espressos. (As a side note, recently I wanted to test myself so I bought "8 o'clock" coffee, rumored to be favored by most Americans, and used it for a week. Whole beans too- I wanted to give it an honest try. After day two, Rod was so tired of my belly achin', he sent me back to Publix for my regular. I was trying to conserve $ and reform my coffee snobbery ways but alas, it didn't work)
Anyway, the actual story is that they are closing underperforming stores, etc. etc. If this interests you remotely, you can read the full story (from their perspective) at http://www.starbucks.com/aboutus/pressdesc.asp?id=877

My dad thinks this all to be quite funny.
He phoned me the day the story broke to console me.
Then today I get this in the mail.

1 comment:

Heidi S said...

Yikes! I hope Sebring doesn't succumb to this fate! They're no longer 24 hours either! Of course, there weren't too many times I decided I needed Starbucks at 3:00 in the morning but even so...what if "it" happens to our store?