The pacifier. I've heard it called the "nook", the "te-te", etc. Around here, we called it the passy. I think it's time for Tristan to part ways with the passy and have been anxious about how to accomplish the goal. Tough one. I've consulted those who have gone before me and have been given lots of differing advice. Those of you that have had a kid that was attached to the passy, you remember that you owned like 14 of them and had them stashed everywhere thinkable...the car...above the fridge....bedrooms, so that if one is lost, there is not trouble finding another. I KNOW you know what I am talking about. Fear of passy loss. We have been there but our stash has dwindled down to 3. At present count, 1 is left. 2 of them disappeared in the midst of our travels last week.
I had been contemplating going "cold turkey" and mentioned this
theory to Rod. He gave me the eyebrow look and said "that's gonna be tough".
I was gone last night to Bible study with my girlfriends so I was not here for bedtime.
This morning, Rod told me that the last passy had been "lost". Hmm. I think it was an intentional loss.
A passy-free night last night.
That's right. I know you grandma's are thinking..."what?...Tristan slept with no passy?"
That's right. Right now we're at 15 hours and counting....I'll keep you posted....
1 comment:
Brady and Tristan should start a passy-addicts anoynymous group. Brady went cold-turkey in mid-June. Bedtime is usually smooth, naptime was the rough go but lately, he seems to have let it go. . .
Post a Comment