Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Today

Wed. July 30-1st day of what is known as "mini season": the sportsman's 2 day lobster season. As I write, I know that our crew, like many others, is searching all about the warm waters of the Gulf trying to find the elusive "bugs". They probably ate a quickie breakfast of PB & J very early and made sure all equipment was still in place from when they loaded it into the boat last night. Most likely, they were ready to ride while still dark and by daylight were in the water on the hunt. By now they might even have their limit. Can you tell I'd rather be there than sitting at my computer....hence the blog post...I figured if I wrote about it - my hurt feelings might be soothed. We aren't with our crew lobstering this year on account of my husband's trip a few weeks ago. I'm glad he got to go and experience Alaska....it was the trip of a lifetime...and I would never begrudge him that. I was all for it. Nevertheless, this morning, I'm longing for the ocean breeze, the salt on my skin, and the sting of a crustacean's spine piercing through my glove. Oh well, maybe I'll cheer myself up and go shopping. A good distraction. :-)

No comments: