My son does not "do" veggies. It makes him gag. I'm sure some of you have experienced this too. The boy lives on meat and peanut butter & honey sandwiches. This is not a balanced diet. Therefore, I took to adding a few ingredients to his favorites. I got this idea from Jessica Seinfield's book, Deceptively Delicious. Last fall, I began this practice of adding ingredients and it works beautifully. Thought I'd share so if any of you have picky eaters too, you could help along their diet. I highly recommend it. I hope I'm not giving anything away to your kids by writing this on the computer although now that I think of it...they probably can't read!
My biggest hit around here are the brownies. The recipe includes spinach puree and carrot puree. I know how it sounds but I'm telling you guys that they taste good! When I make these, I let my kids have brownies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and they think I'm mom of the year! I think I may be in the running b/c what they don't know is that they are getting 1 or 2 servings of spinach each time they chomp them up! :-) Yeah! Lots & lots of the recipes in the book are hits in my house- I've shared some of them with several of you readers (choc.chip cookies w/ chickpeas). I tried a new one last night: Macaroni & Cheese. Added ingredient = butternut squash. Yum. They ate it up. The person who liked it the best: Rod. And he knew ! Be sure to post some feedback and let me know your results should you try a little deception too!

No comments:
Post a Comment