Friday, October 24, 2008

Confessions from a Martha-Wanna-Be

So I was inspired by an episode of Martha Stewart last week when she glittered these beautiful Halloween silhouettes. I decided that the kids and I would have a craft afternoon and create some neat fall backgrounds.

What in the world was I thinking?

Two words:
Glitter and Toddlers

The kids of course didn't want beautiful jack-o-lanterns in burnt orange glitter or black cats detailed with iridescent shades. They wanted flowers and tractors. In purple and green.

So we did. And we had fun.

(Maybe next year we can have a hooting owl done in brown and copper)

Martha - eat your heart out!




1 comment:

Robyn said...

That is so ME!

I think this post is adorable. That is how I felt with my piggy cake. I had such high hopes...

Remember the motto of Robyn's Nest - "creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes"...

I am too much of a perfectionist to leave things alone at "cute" ... sadly I tend to seek the "perfect" -- as if there is such a thing as a perfect pretty pig....

RHV