1. It's Saturday!
2. The weather! .... Hello Fall!
3. God has positively answered a big prayer that I'll share more about in a later post! Yeah God!
4. After hours of cleaning, I now have a sparkling house that smells divine --Pinesol in the air!
5. My husband checked off several items on the "honey-do" list...including pressure cleaning the house. Thank you, Roddy !
6. Aynsley and I got to do a craft project (well, mostly me as Aynsley lost interest b/c it took longer than 5 minutes)
7. My Knights won 31-17!
8. We had yummy Schooni's pizza for dinner!
The craft project: I've been wanting to make our family a Prayer Tree to hang up in our house. Some friends of ours had one given to them years ago and I have always thought it was so neat. I bought supplies to make one some time ago (embarassed to say about 18 mos ago!) and found them last night tucked away in a closet so I decided today was gonna be the day to create! I made ours an orange tree - it's made out of fabric as you can see below - and the deal is this...when someone or something comes to mind that we need to pray for/about, we'll write it on an paper orange and then attach it to our prayer tree so we can remember it in our prayers. Then when God answers the prayer, however He answers, we'll put that orange in the little basket and from time to time we'll go through the basket and remember how God has been working. I'm so excited for us to do this as a family! I asked Aynsley as we worked on it today what should be on our first orange. She suggested her friend Ethan's finger since he cut it badly the other day. So, Ethan is our first orange although I understand that his finger is doing much better. :-) Here's a picture of our finished product.
Aynsley is very excited to hang it up...tomorrow's chore for sure.
What fun we had !
1 comment:
I love it...maybe you should market and sell them... ADORABLE! More than the "product"...it is the "process" and time with the kids making the tree that will bring smiles to your face in years to come!
- RHV
Post a Comment