Part of Aynsley's new school day is taking her lunch so she can eat with her class (which by the way is made up of all boys, and only 1 other girl!) Of course, lunch at school requires a fun new lunch box and Emmy had just the thing in her shop. I had to make a special trip to Publix to buy all kinds of neat goodies to pack in it. I don't know who is having more fun these days with all this - me or the girl!
Anyway, back to today. Today Aynsley was the "leader" in her class. That means she got to help her teacher pass out papers, be the teacher's assistant, sit in the very special old wooden school desk (it is absolutely adorable!) and have her parent come to eat lunch with her. Today I went but Rod gets to go next time she is the leader. It was so fun! I took my lunch and got to sit with Aynsley at the special table --I've never seen her eat so much lunch !...must be something about the classroom that makes her hungry. I wish I'd gotten a picture of us at the tiny table but I was so "in the moment" - it was probably better I didn't bring a camera. We took one when we got home and I included it here.
She is such a different girl these days. She is tickled to go to school and I couldn't be more glad. Plus, I feel like a kid again too! We're so excited about all that is to come!
The new lunch box:
Me and my girl:

No comments:
Post a Comment