
That this day, back in 1951, was the first airing of the "I Love Lucy" show? According to Wikipedia, "I Love Lucy" was the most-watched show in the United States in four of its six seasons, and was the first to end its run at the top of the ratings (to be matched only by The Andy Griffith Show and Seinfeld), although it did not have a formal series finale episode. I Love Lucy is still syndicated in dozens of languages across the world.
If you never saw the episode where Lucy and Ethel get a job at the chocolate factory, it is a must-see!
What a great show it was. Thank goodness we can still watch the reruns!
I think in honor of Lucy, we ladies should don our aprons and pearls and make our "Ricky's" a home cooked meal tonight, what'dya say?

No comments:
Post a Comment