No sooner had I posted the story about the blatant thievery in my yard did the calls start. Some anonymous, some not...but they all admitted the same thing....they insisted they each were the culprit.
Each of them had conditions to be met, ransom if you will, for me to get my sign back. One gentleman wanted me to leave beer and brownies under the oak tree - an even exchange in his opinion. Another just wanted brownies. I had a total count of 7 phone calls on Saturday--each caller claiming to be the thief and demanding baked goods and such.
Now, I haven't gotten to the bottom of it all. And I still don't know if my dad is responsible for the physical abduction of the sign. But I do know, almost for certain, that he is behind all the phone calls. It is highly possible that he is just capitalizing on my misfortune - that would be just like him -to take a simple act of mischief and turn it in to pure entertainment for his cronies.
And I must admit- I myself have gotten many a good chuckle as this thing unfolds--I have laughed my head off more than once this weekend. Because my sign story continues to gain popularity, I even thought about starting a new blog just so people can check in and post comments. (Aw, not really. ) But the bad news remains the same -- I still don't have my sign back. Gonna have to fish out another to make sure our household is supporting the McCain/Palin ticket. More power to the Maverick Barracuda combo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is FUNNY. I can't wait to get more details and hear that you have solved this mystery!
Post a Comment