on the blog --> Recipe of the Week.
Wouldn't it benefit all of us readers to swap some recipes? Don't know 'bout ya'll but I'm always looking for new dishes to try. I'll work on the details but for now....
Wouldn't it benefit all of us readers to swap some recipes? Don't know 'bout ya'll but I'm always looking for new dishes to try. I'll work on the details but for now....
CHILI
Ingredients:
2 tbs oil
2 onions, chopped
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
3 1/2 tbs chili powder
1 tbs cumin seeds
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp salt
1 lb ground beef
3/4 lb beef sirloin, cubed1 lb ground beef
1 12 oz. bottle dark beer
1 cup strong brewed coffee
4 cans kidney beans (I usu. use 2 red kidney and 1 can black)
2 6 oz cans tomato paste
4 fresh hot chile peppers, seeded and chopped
1 14 oz can beef broth
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
Heat oil and cook onions, garlic, ground beef and sirloin for 10 minutes or until meat is well browned and onions are tender. Mix in the diced tomatoes, beer, coffee, tom. paste, and beef broth. Season with br. sugar, chili powder, cumin, cocoa powder, oregano, cayenne pepper, coriander and salt. Stir in 2 cans of the beans and hot chile peppers. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Stir in the remaining beans and simmer another 30 minutes.
I'll warn you that it is spicy...your kids may not like it. It's unusual and like I said, it's good.
2 comments:
Is this the "All Recipes" Chili from last year that got great online reviews???? I printed one just like it with beer and coffee...not sure if this is it???
Never got around to making it.
I woke up an idea...it came to be in the middle of the night..."Two Thumbs up Tuesdays"...I want to create a logo (got it drafted in my head) for our blog network to add anything (recipe, craft, rememdy, idea, etc.) worthy of TWO THUMBS UP each Tuesday...
What do you think???
love it. there are hundreds of ideas to share but not enough time to share them...I battle with whether to blog worthy ideas daily...sometimes it's better to just live it and not blog it, ya know?
Post a Comment