Tuesday, January 20, 2009

2 Thumbs Up Tuesday


Today's tip: Kid Dough
I had this idea while at Carraba's over the weekend with my kids. It's one of our favorite restaurants and if you've been there with your kids/grandkids, you know they give the kids something fun to keep them occupied while waiting for dinner. They call it Kid Dough. Basically, they get a little ball of dough and a dab of flour on a little plate. It's a great pastime! I snapped some shots of Aynsley and her Kid Dough....she was sooooo entertained with her dough, we even had to bring it home.

That got me thinking....how come I couldn't substitute Kid Dough for Play Doh at my house. I am not a fan of Play Doh. It's wet, it's messy, it has ruined nearly every piece of carpeting in my house and therefore it has been banned from my property. I much prefer Crayola Model Magic. (Seems like I should get some coupons or something for saying that on my blog. :-) )
You can buy a bag of it from your local grocer inexpensive.... or make your own very cheaply. Give your kids/grandkids a small ball of it with a small amt of flour and let them be creative. They can smash it, stretch it, roll it, let it rise, and even bake it if you wanted to take it that far. I've tried it....the biggest mess was just vacuuming up the flour that dropped to the floor. Real dough, if you've got flour, doesn't break apart like Play Doh, etc. etc. Try it and see!
Here you see the dough I had on hand from Publix - as a side note, their dough is way yummy and this is what we use to make our pizzas. Oh it's good.
But my tip today is to use it for play too!


Get Rollin'!

No comments: