Monday was a special day as Aynsley was the leader in her classroom, which is a big deal around my house. It was highly anticipated all weekend and she had a pep in her step Monday morning and gave us no trouble gettting ready for school. As I have mentioned in previous posts, as the leader, she gets to have her parent come to school for lunch and be a part of the pre lunch story reading among several other special things. The last two times she has been the leader she has requested it be
Daddy to join her for lunch. But this time, I put my foot down and decided I wanted in on the fun too. She was beaming as I sat beside her and read the story to her classmates. We enjoyed a special lunch together at the special "leader" table. But apparently, I still just don't measure up .....as we walked to the car, I asked her "did you like having Momma with you at school?" Answer: " yea, mom, but I
really like when Daddy comes".
Oh well. Guess I haven't achieved hero status yet.
1 comment:
I love keeping up with your blog! You always do such a great job- very creative! Hope to see you soon!
Chelsea
Post a Comment