Monday, January 19, 2009

Play Day

I guess I should start by saying Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday.


School's out. By 9:00 a.m., the natives had already accomplished breakfast, Gator-riding, Diego-watching, doll-making, and enough sibling bickering to last me all week. I determined that they were restless and not going to be entertained as easily as I thought on this day off. (Didn't we just have a Monday off? Guess that was just almost 3 weeks of Christmas vacation!!!)
Result: I had to resort to Plan B - Get Out Of The House.



We loaded up and tried something new. I have never taken them to Books-A-Million and I thought between the train set and the books-a-plenty, we'd be good to go. And to be perfectly honest, Starbucks is in the same plaza & ya'll know what kind of a magnet that is for me. We had a great time!


It was such a hit, we might make that a regular thing. We rounded out our outing with a run through Mickey-D's to get our picnic supplies and headed to the park by the lake for lunch. And after tuckering them out at the playground, the natives are no longer restless. In fact, they are snoring loudly. Mission completed. There is school tomorrow, right?


Ya'll know I'm just teasin'.


Kinda.

No comments: