Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A quick get-away

A few days ago, Aynsley and I (okay, really just me) decided to jump in the car and drive to Ft. Myers for a little shopping. Destination: Target then Carraba's for dinner. When I told Rod our plan, I think he was leery --he's probably wondering if somehow my Target obessession is contagious. Two women in his house addicted = scary. He might be on to something there because we had just finished up the dollar section (Strawberry Shortcakes sandals for $1!!!!!!) and were in the stationery/card section when she said to me ---"Momma, what is this place called again?....it's really fun". Uh-huh.


The best part of the day though was just getting to spend some one-on-one time together. It doesn't happen all that often and it's something I hope to improve on in the new year. We had so much fun just the two of us and it made me realize how much we both miss out on when we don't get it. If you're a mom to more than one, you know what I mean when I say that when you've got them all together--it's like sheer survival! She must've enjoyed it too b/c a few days after our spontaneous outing she was still thanking me for taking her "out of town".

My sweet girl.
She is showing off our multiple games of tic-tac-toe while waiting on our dinner...
I took this next pic for the sole purpose of my newest excitement - Project 365. Look to hear more about that in another post.

1 comment:

Heidi S said...

Starting your girl off right...Target. Good job!