Yep, there are some deals to be had today, this historic Inauguration Day 2009.
For the most part, I've got my head buried in the sand on this new-president-coming-into-office thing. Normally, I would be contemplating every detail about the whole move. The personal and practical sides of it fascinate me. And there are lots of sites that talk about how the Bushes and Obamas trade spaces but I just can't bear to read them. (Guess you know who I voted for)
On a lighter more playful note, for instance, wonder what they do with all the pictures of George that I imagine are hanging everywhere, and what happens when the official First chef moves out of the kitchen....does he take his special pots and pans and knives with him? And what do they do with all the extra unused note pads that say "From the Office of W." Endless things to ponder all day. And did you know that Michelle gets like $100,000 to redecorate the residence...sounds like fun to me.
Ok, maybe I watched a few too many episodes of West Wing. But I loved that show! I was such a fan. After all, we named our daughter after the blond lawyer Aynsley Hayes on the show....remember her?
Anyway, back to the point of this blog post... check out this site for particulars but basically, this morning, you could get a free donut from Krispy Kreme and hot coffee from Starbucks, all for free, on account of today being what it is. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment