We took the boat out today for a little exploration and adventure. Man, the weather has been absolutely beautiful these last couple of days!! (I really feel for ya, Erin!) Days like this highlight why so many people flock here during the winter months!
We headed out to Istopoga and found several fab pic-a-nic-in' spots among the live oaks and cypress knees. Went for a walk-a-bout and just enjoyed livin'!
Here's a few pics to share our day.
Too funny --I was packing our lunch picnic inside and could not find the peanut butter jar. (side note: my son's idea of a picnic does not change whether at home, school, or in the woods. PB & Honey for him, thank you). Rod heard me talking to myself-- "where in the world is the peanut butter?" He said..."Oh, T already put it in the boat." Guess he wanted to make sure his part of the picnic didn't get overlooked so he saw to it himself to get it in the boat....
Really pretty place.
Brotherly love:

We tuckered all three of them out, didn't we?
A flock of coots taking flight:
get swimmin'. I was scramblin' to the bow just to get a shot of him at all.
And as if the day couldn't get any better, we got home and got unpacked and I heard the music from the ice cream truck in our neighborhood. Hoorah!
When I was a kid, it was my practice to run as fast and hard as necessary to catch up with the ice cream truck. So today for the first time, my kids got to experience that excitement too. They think it is quite great to be able to buy a Spiderman ice cream cone in your front yard.
Oh the memories brought back today. You'd have thought I was 10 all over again.
Donna, you should've been there.
No comments:
Post a Comment