Ever thought about what your life verse is? Both Rod and I have a favorite scripture that we would consider our life verse. But I've not before thought about a motto for the year. Have you?
Early in the year, my friends Robyn and Heidi came up with a sort of catchphrase or war cry if you will for their year 2009. For example, Heidi's maxim for this year is "balance". It's a goal she's really striving to achieve in her life this year. Sometimes something as simple as balance is a tall order as you try to juggle all those balls in life. Angie and I joked that we didn't have a motto and maybe we should get one. Guess I hadn't really thought of it before. But I think I've stumbled upon my year's proverb. Grow.
It started with that Life is Good cap that I gave away for the blogaversary celebration. As I thought about it, that's what I really want to do this year. Grow. Grow in God. Grow in His word. Make some real strides in my walk with Him. Unlike any other year before.
And beyond that....my goal is to grow as a mom, a wife, a friend. It's a simple word that really struck me as a good description for what I've been aiming for in these last couple months. A challenge.
I can't think of a better representation of growth than a tree. Let me remind you of the scripture Heidi S. shared with us...

You know, no matter how old we are, how wise we are, how "spiritual" we are, I believe there is always room to grow in Him. As long as we are made up of flesh, then there is room for growth.
You know, no matter how old we are, how wise we are, how "spiritual" we are, I believe there is always room to grow in Him. As long as we are made up of flesh, then there is room for growth.
Several weeks back, I spied a coffee cup in Starbucks that was just for me. I did not purchase it then but when I was in there today, it was on the Clearance shelf. Yep, clearance. Must've been a sign from God. Ha! You know I say that in jest. But it did work out nicely since I've been pining for it. Can you see why it fits?
Side note: because I bought the cup, I was technically "with cup" in Starbucks and so the barrista offered me the "bring-in-your-own-cup-and-get-a-discount" deal. So if you did not previously know this tid-bit, here's your money saving tip for the day-You get a whopping 10 cents off your coffee purchase if you bring in your own cup. I know this information will set your world on fire today.
Anyway, that's what I think for 2009. Grow.

2 comments:
You're all kinds of inspiring these days! I love it.
I'm thankful that we can GROW and find BALANCE together!
Makes me think of Mason too and being an oak, putting down roots, sheltering your friends. All those messages that we thought about as we celebrated his life. I'm wearing my yellow shirt even right now...2008 was a lot of growing for me, well maybe more pruning than anything; but 2009 is looking a lot better so far. :) And, BTW when I grow up I'm going to come back as your kid - you guys look like you have so much fun all the time!!
Post a Comment