This is why one must carry their camera with them wherever they go. You just never know what you might stumble upon.
T man and I were pumping gas, which by the way is my single least favorite thing in the world to do, when up pulled a little truck whose bed was just full of unhappy soft shell turtles. Freshly caught and ready for sale, they did not appear happy whatsoever to be caged in the back of an S10 pickup. I'm not certain I've ever seen soft shell turtles of that size - with their necks fully elongated- and they captivated Tristan and I. This picture just did not adequately capture the size of 'em, I'm telling you they were huge! We completely forgot about the gas and became enthralled with those snapping creatures. I'm quite sure I embarrassed myself when I got out the Canon Power Shot...{Hello, Project 365!!, I couldn't help myself!} I'm like a 5th or 6th generation native Floridian but oh was I ever lookin' like some tourist with my camera oohing and awing. No telling what those turtle trappers thought of me! Who knows, maybe we amused them as much as those turtles amused us.
Happy Friday, Friends!
1 comment:
I hope PETA doesn't see this picture and I would have been pretty fascinated too.
Post a Comment