Tuesday, March 31, 2009


This is is a tip that you may already have figured out but I find it extremely useful and thus will share.


I learned it from Martha. As in Stewart. {I say that as if she was just over here the other afternoon showing me how to prevent candle wax from sticking to my glass. Ha!}


I have found that if I put a few drops of water into the glass container (any size) before inserting a candle, when the candle runs its course, it is sooooo much easier to get out. In fact, usually, the used candle just pops right out and your glass is ready for a new one!

I held this up so you could see the water in the bottom of the glass votive. Now, when it's sitting upright, you do not notice the water. And it's not a lot of water...just enough to barely cover the bottom. Prevents the wax from sticking.



Try it!

3 comments:

The Revell Family said...

Thanks for the tip. I need to share this at my parties!

Robyn said...

Wow...who knew?

Thanks for the "thumbs up"...

RHV

Heidi S said...

I've never heard this! I'll be trying it.