We've been talking about planting a veggie garden this Spring -Aynsley seems to be "ripe" for the project -but we've almost missed our window of opportunity for planting. We decided to go for it anyway and see what shoots up. So Day Two started with us going to pick out what types of veggies will go in our garden.
She contemplated long and hard about what she wants to grow...
Nothing new here, she instructed Tristan on what's best...
She got a little distracted by the flowering plants...
...but once we got her back on task, she was sold on carrots, tomatoes, strawberries (because they're her "faaaaaav=rit"!!) watermelons, and to make it pretty, sunflowers and marigolds.
And for us big people, a few mustard and collard greens. Some from seeds, and some from small plants. The thing I admired was that she named these flowers by name as if she'd be studying them for ages. She hopped around the nursery talking about this geranium and that gerbera daisy. Can you tell she's been influenced by the many green thumbs in her genes-grandfathers on both sides and a master florist for a grandmother!
Daddy had to go to the office so we came up with an afternoon plan. A trip to Hodgies, the convenience store down the street, to load up on junk to take to "Deb's pool". I let them each choose one treat and I'm pretty sure I'm now a finalist for Mother of the Year in the eyes of my children. Who needs a Disney cruise to the Islands when you've got Drumsticks and candy bars?

1 comment:
Paul planted a veggie garden (& some misc sunflowers) from seeds with the kids a couple of weeks ago while I was gone...he even took step-by-step pics (I think he wanted me to blog it)...
All I am supposed to do is water it while he is gone...I guess I should do that! :-)
We will have to have a veggie and dip party! They even planted kid-friendly jalapenos!
RHV
Post a Comment