Monday, March 30, 2009

Sunday

Our church had a group of senior adults (they showed me that they are anything but "senior"!) that were invited to a Sunday evening worship service at the First Indian Baptist Church located on the nearby Seminole Indian Reservation. I was asked to be one of the drivers for the excursion. What a treat! What an experience! Pastor Wonder Johns and their congregation made us feel very welcome and treated us to their style of worship- Creek Hymns. As I sat there and listened, I was reminded--though I didn't know what their chants meant, God knew exactly what they are saying and oh I bet it made His heart smile. It truly doesn't matter how we worship - it just matters that we worship - with traditional hymns, with a guitar and drums, with a hum as we wash dishes, or with Creek songs.
I thoroughly enjoyed the adventure -complete with authentic fry bread that the ladies made for us. Here is a picture of me with one of my new friends.
As God would have it, this nice woman happens to be the sister of an old friend I worked with during my time as a state attorney. So cool!

No comments: