Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Celebrate Good Times, C'mon"!


Happy Blogaversary to me,
Happy Blogaversary to me,
Happy Blogaversary 'Everday Life',
Happy Blogaversary to me!


Ok, I've gone beyond silliness. But it's true. We're celebrating a blog-a-versary around here! The actual day was the 8th but I've been a tad busy and I'm just getting around to partying!


You know, I suppose I've always been a journaler and historian. Taking pictures and recording life has just been one of my things. I remember taking pics on an oldy-goldy camera at about age 10, dropping off film by the dozen to Eckerds to get developed, to the point my mom had to curtail my photography because it was costing her a small fortune! When I was young, I kept a diary. Now, as an adult, I keep a prayer journal. Blogging was a natural progression I suppose. So here I am, blogging away, and lovin' it.


Fact is, my BFF's are celebrating this month too. Exactly one year ago, we sat around in Starbucks conversing about "what is a blog exactly?" and here we are, enjoying a new hobby. Our families have started using phrases like...."Whoa, man, this is bloggable!"
And, as part of our celebration, some of us are doing a give-a-way! Livin' & Lovin' is giving away a Starbucks giftcard so click over there and "register". Here at Everyday Life, I'm also hosting a random drawing based on your comments. Here's how to win--->comment!

It's easy, it's painless, and you just might win. Win what?

This is one of the latest caps from Life is Good.




I love this cap. One of my favorite scriptures is Jeremiah 17:8:
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.
He will be like a tree planted in water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit."

That's my goal - to live like that kind of tree...one whose leaves stay green even in times of drought. One who doesn't fear but trusts in the Lord always. One who never fails to bear fruit. The only way to get there is to Grow. Grow in the Lord. Life IS Good because God is Good. And that's part of Everyday Life!

More about the cap? It's one size fits all and it's a great calm color "Meadow" - more bright than picked up in this picture.





So.......all you have to do is leave a comment. Simple. (No anonymous comments.) I'll do a random draw later in the week - probably Saturday morning- by way of something very scientific-->I'll put all the names in the above hat and let Ayns draw one out! Then I'll post the winner and have you email me your address so I can get the prize out to you.


So help us celebrate and leave a comment!
Whoopee!

8 comments:

emily said...

Happy Bloggaversary! I'm the first one to comment? woohoo! I love keeping up with your blog, you're so creative. Keep it up!

Creating with the Kecks said...

Happy Bloggaversary. I just started my blog this month and hope that I last for a year. I have learned that the people who have the best blogs have cute little kids and are home more. I have not cute little kid (only a bossy big kid and I am never home, so we will see. You have two cute kids so that helps.

The Stivender Family said...

Congrats on the blogaversary and the 13.1 miles!! I love reading your blog. Maybe you can send some good writing vibes my way. You are talented with words!!

Heidi S said...

Boy oh boy...the comments have already started rolling in!

I'm throwing my "hat" in for the drawing! And, yes, pun intended.

Happy blogaversary! It's been a lot of fun doing this with y'all for the past year!

Dawn said...

Congratulations!!! I still think they should publish your blog as a book, very entertaining. Love your Two Heidi Princesses Story, what a great way to read about a marathon---tooo cute.

The Revell Family said...

I'm an avid Everyday Life blog reader! I also love Life Is Good! Happy Blogaversary!

Robyn said...

Not much of a hat gal (I just can't seem to do hats and socks)...but it would be terribly rude of me not to wish you a wonderful blog-a-versary .... Hopefully the first of many to come! What a fun year of communicating with style!

Spencer Girl said...

I'm likin' the hat. . .ya know I read the blog.